Sunday, February 1, 2015

Spinning!

So I really wanted to spin yarn and I don't know where my spindle is and I can't afford a new one. I've been missing spinning for months! So I finally made a new one, the Turkish kind. It's made from a chopstick and pieces of a plastic bottle. The hook is just wire, a little bit too soft and bendable but it does the job. The plastic whorl was a bit light so I made a temporary solution with a small wooden bead. Not very heavy either but at least it gives a little bit more stability. The first hour or so I was re-learning but after that it started running more smoothly and while I've never been very good at spinning it feels like I'm at least as good as I've ever been. And then, suddenly, four or five hours had passed and I managed to keep the spindle spinning while pulling the fibre at the same time and it was so much fun and I hardly noticed how tired I had become. A good end to a bad day :) now it's really late and time for bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment